How to Obtain Copies
of Veterans' Records
from the National Archives

The instructions for ordering military and pension records from the US government's National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) have changed. To obtain the latest information, it is best to visit the NARA website. Although at the time of writing it is still not possible to place orders online for the records themselves, it is now possible to place orders online for the relevant order forms. (This is progress, government style!) The order forms have also changed. The old NATF80 form has been superseded.

The US government, and NARA, must comply with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL). For details of this law, click here.

Send comments or suggestions to:
Debby Masterson

Go Back to Soldiers & Sailors
Go Back to Home Page